BSA Troop 168
Lighting A Cotton Ball (Competition)
Equipment – Fire sparker for each person, matches for each person, surface that a cotton ball can burn
on (may scar), cotton balls, fire safety water, timer
2 points - Burn two cotton balls all the way to ash (no white left, the hint is to fluff the
cotton ball, let them fail first):
- Everyone on the sled team will burn an entire cotton ball using just a spark.
- Everyone on the team will burn a cotton ball using just a match. Use the match and set the burnt match(es) next to the cotton ball.
- If teams are not even, the patrol leader of the largest patrols picks who does not compete.
- Lose one point if all cotton balls are not burnt in 3 minutes.
- Lose one point if more than 2 matches are used to burn the match cotton ball.
- The first team to have all cotton balls properly burnt gets .5 points.