BSA Troop 168
T168 will head to Rodney Scout Reservation
in North East, MD, June 19-25, 2022.
Scouts, take the time to read through several items:
2021 Program Schedule (05/12/2021_Modified**)
2021 Merit Badges & Prereqs (05/12/2021_Modified**)
2021 Leaders' Guide (Modified** 06/13/21 updates begin p. 37)
(Two of T168's Eagles are pictured in the 2021 Leaders' Guide! Sam Wetzel is on page 2; Matt Keating is on page 11.)
2021 Brownsea Letter (02/02/2021)
**Most updates/modifications appear in green.
A comprehensive RSR Information page is linked.
2021 additions: camp chair
Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Arrive at the pole barn at 9:00 AM to begin packing Troop trailer and vehicles.
- Plan to depart for RSR at 10:00 AM.
- Pack a lunch. First meal will be dinner.
- Wear Troop T-shirt for trip.
- Pack Class A uniform on a hanger on top of your gear. (Will need Sunday PM.)
Saturday, June 25, 2022
- We will depart RSR after our Troop clears morning inspection.
- We anticipate our return to the pole barn on/about 12:00 PM. Scouts without a cell phone will be able to borrow one to call their . parents/guardians when we are thirty or so minutes from Carlisle.
- No one leaves until the Troop trailer is unloaded.
- Camp Chair
- Water Bottle
- CLEAN mask for each day in camp. Bring at least seven (7) masks; more if you are prone to losing them.
The Del-Mar-Va Council Health & Safety Committee reviewed the new CDC guidelines and made the following adjustment to the COVID-19 Precautions document for camp.
F A C E M A S K S
Masks must be worn when inside any camp building. They must also be worn whenever gathered in a large group (10+ people) where social distancing cannot be maintained.
Bring at least one clean multi-layer mask for each day in camp.
Manufacturers guidelines for replacing masks must be followed.
Be Prepared. Bring masks and wear them when asked to do so.
Don't Forget! current physician-completed Annual Health and Medical Record is required!
2021: If you've been vaccinated against COVID, please attach a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card to your medical form.
Older Scouts will select which merit badge classes they wish to take.
First-year Scouts will take RSR's acclaimed Brownsea Program. (02/02/2021)
Brownsea Program HINT: a soccer/sport drawstring backpack works well for carrying your towel and water bottle!
Wish to send something to your camper?
Address it to:
Scout’s Name, T168, Minsi Campsite
Rodney Scout Reservation
400 Rodney Scout Road
North East, MD 21901
Due to mail/delivery delays, consider sending several days BEFORE their week of camp begins.
Alternatively, you can give personal letters to your adult leaders that are dated for when your Scout should receive it. This prevents the risk of letters not arriving in time to reach your Scouts.
Suggestion: Invest in a plastic footlocker! They're great for packing a week's worth of camp items.